Hello! My name is Holly. I am a mother, wife, and professional writer for a Los Angeles area Search Engine Optimization company (so I write web content that gets sites to appear quickly in Google and Yahoo searches.) I used to write educational publications and corporate marketing copy. For fun, I keep blogs on several topics. My husband works in the film industry in an artistic role. We live by Hollywood, California. Here are some tidbits about us, me, etc:
- YES, my husband knows about this blog. He helps me with the graphics sometimes. It isn’t computer software or a movie, however, so it doesn’t keep his attention.
- Despite some of these blog entries, I adore my husband and live and act accordingly.
- My husband is from a different country.
- I am from Tennessee but moved away at age 18…uh, how is that now so long ago???
- Because of this, all Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, creeks, mountains, 1967 fastback Mustangs, and Reese Witherspoon (who grew up in Nashville) have a very special place in my heart.
- I worked from home as a writer for 5 years. Now I work in an office, but it’s kind of like being at home because it’s less than 5 minutes away, plus no one there talks–they IM instead (literally always, the office is silent).
- I have written professionally for 1o years. For several years (some of them concurrent), I was a teacher.
- My husband’s first job in this country was helping at a carpet store. There, when the bosses failed to give him a task to do, he would actually go to sleep. This was the beginning of my nightmare of my husband’s employment. Now he works around the clock and often away from home but that’s much, much better than when he used to sleep at work, or just not have a job.
- We call our apartment our “house.”
- We have moved 7 times in 9 years. Mostly for my husband’s job.
- My husband has a master’s degree in fine arts, but I’m not entirely sure he graduated from high school. That’s a very long story.
- I did graduate from high school. I was Salutatorian. I would have been Valedictorian, but too many drugs. HAHAHAHAHA. Good one.
I love getting emails from readers of my blog. Please feel free to write me at holly@ husbandclothes.com. Thank you for visiting!